HOW TO SURRENDER IN VALORANT
After weeks of waiting, Valorant released it’s most awaited ‘Competitive’ feature to the game. As we all know, A lot of popular multiplayer games are running mainly because of its competitive game mode. Riot had us waiting for quite a while before the launch of Competitive game mode. We can safely say that Valorant is similar to CSGO, As we expected, The Competitive game mode is longer. It will take about 30-40 minutes to complete a Competitive game. You might be wondering what will you do if you know that is game is over as soon as it started? That is exactly why Riot introduced a Surrender feature just like in League of Legends. Although the surrender option was introduced to the game as per the request of the community. Valorant introduced the option on Patch 1.02.
A Surrender vote can be triggered in Valorant in case if your team is not hoping that they would win. This option allows you to end the game and give away the victory to the enemy team. You need every person’s vote from the team in order to surrender. 4 of your teammates should also agree to surrender, Only then it will work. By surrendering, The team that surrenders gets all the loss and the opposition gets all the wins for the remaining rounds.
HOW TO SURRENDER
- To surrender in a Competitive Valorant game, Open your chatbox and type “/ff” or “/forfeit” without the quotation marks.
- This will open a pop-up asking the remaining members of your team to vote ‘yes’ or ‘no’ in order to process the request.
- To Vote ‘Yes’, Type “/yes” without the quotations or Simply press F5.
- To Vote ‘No’, Type “/no” without the quotations or Simply press F6.
- Note that, You need the approval of all 4 teammates to surrender the game.
- You can only Surrender after the 8th round of the match.
- You can also use the surrender feature once per switch, i.e., Once every 12 rounds.
- This was introduced to eliminate players spamming the surrender feature.
The most recent patch, Patch 1.03 which was released a few days back. The patch that buffed the Guardian, Has made some improvements to the surrender feature. Patch 1.03 has not reached the live servers yet but it is expected to be released soon. Patch 1.03 allows you to surrender after the 5th round. Until now, You need 5/5 positive votes to surrender but on Patch 1.03, the surrender vote will pass if there are 4/5 players agree.
I think that no matter what, You must try to finish the game. Surrendering can be done only when you have a leaver or if the game seems unwinnable even though you tried your best. Try to avoid the surrender feature as much as you can. Remember, Surrendering means losing. Good Luck on your Valorant journey!
To read more about Valorant, Click Here.