WhatsApp is finally getting the Messenger Rooms integration which was being tested by the company for a long time. This was announced long back along with multi-device support and is out for the users now.
The Messenger Rooms Integration is not built in the iOS and Android app but in the WhatsApp Web Application. Smartphone users have to wait until the feature is officially rolled out in their devices. Till then, they can benefit from their desktops and laptops. The integration is quite simple and can be used without any hidden tricks for any user.
How to use Messenger Rooms on WhatsApp
You can follow the steps below and you’re good to go.
- Go to https://web.whatsapp.com/ and login from your device by scanning the QR code. You can also download the official app from the Microsoft store by clicking here.
- After successful login, click on the three dots at the top right corner of the home screen.
- Click on a new option there named “Create a Room”.
- There you will be asked to select “Continue on Messenger”. You will be redirected to the messenger page after selecting this option.
- On the Messenger Rooms page, you can log in from your existing Messenger ID and if your browser is logged in, you will get an option to continue from the same account.
- After this, you can follow the regular process of creating a Messenger Room to invite more people to join. Currently, Messenger Rooms support 50 members in a single call.
This feature was also added for the beta users of WhatsApp in Android but here are no reports about the launch in iOS and Android being official for all the users.
The room can be set according to your settings and you can create it on your name and image. All the options which Messenger Rooms have by default can be used here.
Read more from MeshPie.